cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to Resource within the Process

TomasHarcar
Level 3
Hi all,

we are currently migrating to Azure Cloud and are new to the concept of using the Login Agent in order to run the processes.
The Login Agent is working properly, it logs in and logs of if needed, but it's just in the testing phase.

In the future we are planning to have around 15 resources divided in two or three pools. What can be the issue in the future is the compliance, which requires to log out from the resource every time it finishes the process. This means we need to use the Login Process to get back to the resource. I tested with a small pool to see what happens if there are all resources logged out. It will run Login on Resource 1 and the real process on Resource 2, which fails.

Question is, is it possible to have a Login Process in every process at the beginning and Log Out at the end? Log out works without problems.
Login will launch, logs itself into the resource, which is for time being Not responding, then fails because it there is no active resource to run on. I tried to put there Sleep stage, Wait Stage for the Listener window, but without success.

Do you have any idea how to do it? Or how are you doing it in your company?

Thank you!

------------------------------
Tomas Harcar
Robotics Automation Developer
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Tomas - Login Agent and pools aren't a good mix I'm afraid. The idea of a pool is that you don't care which machine is used, any one currently available will do. But with Login Agent, you do want to be able to choose the machine, and unfortunately if a machine is in a pool it cannot be called directly to run a process.

The reason Login cannot be incorporated into the start of a process is to do with the way Login Agent works - there are actually 2 resource PCs involved. The one which starts up when Windows logs in is the one you use normally to run your processes. But when Windows is logged out, this resource PC closes down (like all your other apps) and the Login Agent service starts another resource PC that runs invisibly in the 'logged out' space, and it's this resource PC that you use to run the Login process. The trouble is, this Login Agent resource PC has to close down when Windows logs in, so any process running on it will also get terminated.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John,

thanks for the explanation. I presented the situation to the team and we'll try to come up with the best solution for us.

Tomas Harcar
Robotics Automation Developer
ABI