cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looping through several PDFs and maintaining spied properties

IngridBardales
Level 4
Hello team, I have a question.  I am on a project that uses an application that generates PDFs.  Once these files are generated, we extract data from them and pass the values to another application.  I was successful in spying one of files and passing the values to the target application.  However, the goal is to have the bot do the same for all the PDFs that will be generated.  I replaced the pdf I spied with another form thinking that the spied regions would also be highlighted but that wasn't the case.  I am under the impression that the problem lies with my path.  However, I have tried using wildcards to replace the name of the file, leaving the extension but  this has not worked. I am attaching a screenshot of the folder where I am storing the files and a one of application modelers main page where I copied the path.  I would greatly appreciate help with this issue, I have been working on this for about 4 days and no one on my team seems to have a solution. Thank you for your help! Ingrid
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Ingrid - if you use the Navigate stage to launch, it allows you to override the default settings in Application Modeller. The Navigate stage has optional input parameters that allow you to use a different exe path, for example.

IngridBardales
Level 4
Hi John thank you for your reply!  However I am still in the dark at to whether or not path is the root cause of my issue, moreover how do I loop through several other pdfs while retaining the original spy regions of the first pdf I spied?  I looked at docs for SA and PDF but they weren't really much help. Thank you in advance! Ingrid