cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx Alternatives

ryanamiller
Level 5
Hello all, Looking for suggestions on how others are interacting with email in their environments without using MAPIEx.  We are currently experiencing issues with the add-on which is stalling us from really using the tool with how we had hoped (we have a support ticket open for this) and when it is working, it still isn't as stable as we'd like.  I wanted to reach out to the community to determine if there are better email options out there for interactivity with Blue Prism. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

MelissaSuarez_G
Level 6
For sending emails I'm using SMTP. So far it works 100% of the time and the messages are sent in a fraction of second. For reading emails I'm in process of creating my own object using COM. However, I read on a different post that Blue Prism will be releasing an object for Outlook, so hopefully it would be more stable than MAPIEx

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Ryan - we'll soon be releasing an Outlook VBO with v6.3 and it's far more flexible than Mapiex

ryanamiller
Level 5
Thanks Melissa/John John, will the Outlook VBO be dependent on v6.3, or can it be used with prior versions of Blue Prism?  I found a pre-release version on the Forums and that seems to be working great for sending with v5.0.32, but doesn't have some of the functionality we're using with MAPIEX, specifically performing actions on a shared email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi John,   When will you guys release the new VBO ? Its August already

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi John,   When will you guys release the new VBO ? Its August already, and we have a new BluePrism version also out. I think that we should be getting a new version very soon since this has been commonly enquired.   Keeping fingers crossed 🙂