cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx - Read Email As HTML

jgregor4
Level 6
Hi,
I am trying to use MAPIEx to read emails - the issue I have is that I WANT it to read the email in HTML code, however it seems return it as plain text.
Is there a modified code stage I can use within MAPIEx for it to return the email as HTML?

The emails will contain multiple requests so it will be easier to extract the request data by using the HTML tags rather than a plain text instring.

------------------------------
James Gregory
RPA Developer
Europe/London
5 REPLIES 5

kez2fab
Staff
Staff
Hi James,

there is an updated version of the MAPIEx VBO which adds the ability to read and send HTML formatted email.
This is for use with MAPIEx version 1.1.15

NOTE: Only to be used alongside an installation of version 1.1.15 of MAPIEx - requires the full MAPIEx addon to be installed in order to work.

You can find it on the Blue Prism Portal:
MAPIEx VBO - HTML email

Hope this helps.

Anthony Ringot
Senior Support Engineer

Hi Anthony,
I have installed the VBO and downgraded to MAPIEx 1.1.15 however it is still reading the email as plain text.  The HTML flag is also showing as false, however if i look at the email it is in HTML format and i can view the source and see all the HTML code.  Not sure what the issue is.

James Gregory
RPA Developer
Europe/London

James,

what version of Blue Prism are you running?

Anthony Ringot
Senior Support Engineer

Its 6.4.0.8445

James Gregory
RPA Developer
Europe/London

AmiBarrett
Level 12
MAPIEx is still known to be unstable last I checked, which is why it was eventually replaced with the Outlook VBO.

I've posted a modified version of that VBO as a .txt file. Change it to a .bprelease and import. This'll have all of the functionality from MAPIEx that got dropped in the official Outlook VBO (plus a handful of extra goodies). https://community.blueprism.com/viewdocument/re-outlook-email-vbo?CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=librarydocuments

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago