cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx and Get Mail action

JamesBarrett
Level 4
Not sure if other people have noticed this, but occasionally the "Get Mail" action in the MAPIEx object appears to hang/freeze in that it doesn't get the mail details. It doesn't always happen, but I wondered whether others have noticed this and what they did to correct? Wondered whether there is a bug in the code, or the robot is too quick for the email system! For info, I'm using v4.2.50 of Blue Prism and v1.1.15 of MAPIEx (32-bit) For the time-being, I'm using a "Sleep" action to force the robot to wait for a second before getting the next email. Thanks James
4 REPLIES 4

Dharmik_Chattra
Level 2
does it happen when you try retrieving huge numbers of mails ? Say 200 ?

JamesBarrett
Level 4
It seems to happen regardless of the number of items it is retrieving. It can fail after 150 successful attempts or 5 successful attempts. I list all the emails first, and then loop through each to get the details (the ""Get Mail"" action).

jgregor4
Level 6
I'm having the same issue and haven't been able to find a solution yet.
I do have 64-bit Windows and (I assume) 32-bit outlook but not sure how I go about checking which "bit" MAPIEx I have​

------------------------------
James Gregory
RPA Developer
Europe/London

AmiBarrett
Level 12
It's highly recommended to grab a copy of the Outlook VBO from the Digital Exchange. MAPIex is incredibly unstable.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago