cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx send email function not working when run from Control room

Ben_AnthonyBall
Level 2
MAPIEx sending email function is working fine when I run from Process and object studio but it's failing when running from Control room. Can anyone advise a fix if they've encountered this same issue?
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It should not fail, what error message are you getting? Invariably when things work in the diagram but not in control room, it's somehow due to the faster running speed of control room and some weakness in the integration logic.

Ben_AnthonyBall
Level 2
Hi John thanks for coming back so quickly the exception is: ""Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to add attachment"". Then it just details the folder path from which the Excel attachment is being added from. Also yes I agree that it must be a speed issue, is there a way I can add an unintelligent wait stage within the VBO code to allow it a second or two to add the attachment?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Ben - I wonder then if the file is not 'ready' when Mapiex tries to attach it? Perhaps the file is being moved, or saved, or is open (locked)? I've seen it before where the (Microsoft) Move function has completed but the file is still 'in transit' when the next Blue Prism step wants to access it. After a painful experience of corrupting a large, valuable file while trying to move it across a network, I now always copy the file across and then delete the original only after confirming the destination file is there. RPA gives you paranoia! I don't recommend editing the code, I'd just use a wait stage somewhere. Maybe you could create a 'waiting loop' that uses the file utility 'File Exists' function to confirm the file is there.

Ben_AnthonyBall
Level 2
Hi John, thanks it now works! I used a combination of when I saved down the excel attachment I then deleted everything from the downloads folders and closed down all instances of Excel. Then I checked the file exists and sent the email using the MapiEX function!

MadhuBalineni
Level 4
Hi , even i'm getting same error in control room ""Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to access message store"". but it is working in process studio and object studio.please help me how to resolve this issue.

MadhuBalineni
Level 4
Hi,   Can you please help me on this.

Hello, I got the same error but my problem is reading the messages. while running on control room it cannot read it. 
------------------------------
Ersin Demircioğlu
------------------------------