cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Excel- Check/ edit data links and update source

PaulCurran1
Level 4

Hi, 

I'm looking to open an excel workbook and check the data sources that are being used. Ideally I could query these worksheets and change source if necessary via Excel VBO however I've checked all relevant  Excel VBOs and can't find anything out of the box to accomplish this so I'm thinking the optimal solution would be to write some code stages VB/ C# that might accomplish this.

Does anyone have any experience with this functionality and been able come up with a BP solution without resorting to manual spying and navigating through the toolbar?

31118.png

------------------------------
Paul Curran
Developer
AXA Ireland
Europe/London
1 REPLY 1

Hey Paul,

Did you figure this one out? I don't believe there are any Actions in the VBOs that can accomplish this. I did find the VB documentation on how to return existing links, update etc. Here Workbook.LinkInfo method (Excel) | Microsoft Learn

I would try writing some native VB code and see if you can pass the workbook name in as a parameter, return the list of Links, save them in a collection and then update if needed. Let me know how this goes or how it went.

Christopher Potvin
Senior RPA Developer
SS&C Blue Prism
AB