cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook Email VBO - cant Send, reply or forward emails

RuneHedegaard
Level 4
When using MS outlook Email VBO I cant send, reply or forward emails. When I do I get an error, and the outlook create a email in Drafts folder Error: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage  HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT)) I can fine get Received Items, move, save and delete email. I'm using Outlook 2010   Edit: I just found this in the release, but I really hope it still can work for outlook 2010   Object - MS Outlook Email Description of change Reference A new MS Outlook Email VBO is now available that provides a number of actions for processing emails within Outlook such as sending, deleting, retrieving, and saving emails and attachments. The VBO has been validated against Outlook 2016 and requires each device where it operates to be configured with a Microsoft Outlook Interop DLL within the Blue Prism installation directory. The Blue Prism installer has been updated to optionally place the DLL in the correct location.
5 REPLIES 5

david.l.morris
Level 15
Hi Rune, See if this helps: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/11894… If none of it worked, I was going to suggest that Outlook may not be configured at all, but you mentioned other actions work. Respectfully, Dave

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

david.l.morris
Level 15
Not sure what's wrong with the link to the Support Center article. Well, that link is supposed to go to an article called: Why do I get error ""Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))"" when using the MS Outlook VBO? If you go to the Support Center and search for the word 'abort', the option should come up for you.    

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

RuneHedegaard
Level 4
Thanks David.  

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Alternatively, you can use Outlook's VBA libraries to fully automate Outlook - no extra DLLs required. The only configuration needed (and this may apply to your situation as well), is to disable programmatic access prevention in the Trust Center settings within Outlook.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
I should correct that statement about the lack of a dll requirement. It's just been a year since I wrote it, haha. Same dll. Only global discrepancy seems to be in the Namespace Imports.  Custom code additional imports: System.IO, System.XML, System.Diagnostics, System.Text.RegularExpressions, System.Data.OleDB, System.Runtime.InteropServices BP Outlook VBO additional imports: Microsoft.Win32