cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS outlook Email formatting

ShobhitMalaviya
Level 3

Hi,

I am using the MS outlook VBO to send out status email . The question that I have is with regards to the email formatting. For better understanding let me give you an example .

Example : I want to send out an email with the following email body

Desired state

Process start time: 08:00:00 pm

Process End time : 08:30:00 pm

BOT has successfully completed the task. Please find attached the updated deliverables

Current state

In the current scenario I am not able to get the sentences in the email body in separate lines. I am getting the following output currently

Process start time: 08:00:00 pm Process End time : 08:30:00 pm BOT has successfully completed the task. Please find attached the updated deliverables

It would be great if someone can let me know how to format the email body 

Regards,

Shobhit Malaviya

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9

If HTML formatted, use <br>. Example: "Process Start time: 08:00:00 pm<br>Process End time: 08:30:00 pm"

If plain-text, you can use NewLine(). Chr(13) also technically works, but NewLine() is obviously better to use. Example: "Process Start time: 08:00:00 pm" & NewLine() & "Process End time: 08:30:00 pm"

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

antonyvp
Level 4

You can use NewLine() text function

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9

If HTML formatted, use <br>. Example: "Process Start time: 08:00:00 pm<br>Process End time: 08:30:00 pm"

If plain-text, you can use NewLine(). Chr(13) also technically works, but NewLine() is obviously better to use. Example: "Process Start time: 08:00:00 pm" & NewLine() & "Process End time: 08:30:00 pm"