cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapieX subfolder access

ChristopheBodne
Level 2
Hi, I encounter a problem with subfolder access with MapieX, In the mailbox folder hierarchy where I want to get a mail, there's several subfolders with the same name, but I don't see how I can input a folder path with mapiex, I can only input the subfolder name, then mapiex will automatically take the first one it see. I can't seem to access the other subfolder that have the same name. Is there a way to input a whole path for a subfolder with mapiex ? The function OpenSubFolder() has to call other function to recursively access subfolders, what are they ? Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

aniruddha_gupta
Level 3
Hi Chris, Just trying to understand your requirement. Do you mean you have same name for multiple folders in the same profile? Or is one folder in your default profile like ""Inbox"" and then there's another ""Inbox"" in the pst folders. Thanks, Aniruddha

ChristopheBodne
Level 2
Hi, I have the same name for multiple folders in the same profile. Thanks,

Chris, Would it possible for you to share a screenshot of the folder structure? That would help.

ChristopheBodne
Level 2
Hi, Sorry I can't share a screenshot, but here is an illustration of my problem, my Inbox tree looks like this : Inbox |---Folder1 | |---------SubFolder |---Folder2 |---------SubFolder The problem is I'd like to get the mail from the Folder2/Subfolder folder, but with the Sub-folder option I can only access the Folder1/Subfolder folder. Thanks,

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Hi Chris, I've encountered this before. When using this method, I found that the best method was to ensure all the folders and sub-folders have unique names. Even if you have to do the below: Inbox |--Folder1 ||-----Folder1_SubFolder1 |--Folder2 ||-----Folder2_SubFolder1 ||-----Folder2_SubFolder2 |||-----------Folder2_SubFolder2_SubFolder1 |||-----------Folder2_SubFolder2_SubFolder2 Blue Prism MAPIEx object essentially discounts the folder hierarchy system and see them all as individual folders as far as my analysis goes. -Tom

ChristopheBodne
Level 2
Hi Tom, Thanks for your answer, that's what I was afraid of... Unfortunately I'm not the owner of the mailbox so I can't just rename the folders as I see fit. Regards,

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Another possible way is to create rules on your mailbox that move emails into the subfolders. You would have to download the email from inbox. Create a new email with the same subject and body, but append a specifier on the end of the subject (this will be picked up by the outlook inbox rule and move to the relevant folder/subfolder) and then delete the original mail. Again, not sure if this requires you to have specific permission or access levels to the mailbox. I think for the purpose of automating this mailbox, you are going to need some kind of access level to achieve what you want. - Tom