cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapiex cannot connect to Shared Mailbox

ChrisS
Level 2
Hi All, I am having an issue with the following, any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I have built an automated solution using Mapiex and Outlook, this solution is ready to be pointed at a shared mailbox attached to my users email profile. The issue is that we are unable to create a new profile in outlook due to the characteristics of this Shared Mailbox (office 365), the shared mailbox does not have a login and cannot be created as the default email address in outlook, hence we cannot point Mapiex to any profile which uses the shared mailbox as the default. Has anyone had this issue before?   Thanks C
2 REPLIES 2

Abrara_
Level 2
The Blue Prism MAPIEx can be defined to work with a specific Profile, rather than multiple mailboxes in one profile. The alternative is to create a profile that is linked to the other mail account.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I work with 1 profile that has access to multiple shared mailboxes.  Adjust the code to open a specific mailbox. 1. Have an parameter for the mailbox. If empty, it will open your default inbox 2. Give the parameter to OpenMessageStore:          If Not mapi.OpenMessageStore(Mailbox) Then Throw New MAPIException( _          ""Failed to access message store"")