cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark Email as Unread using MAPIEX

SohaibSiddique
Level 2
Hi community,

Scenario: Currently we are using 'Get Mail' through Mapiex to check for new emails in various outlook folders. RPA then aggregates this information and sends an email summary and saves an excel log. 

Problem: The 'Get Mail' function ends up marking the emails searched as 'read' in Outlook. Is there any way to keep it from doing this, or any way to mark these as 'unread' again? 

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi Sohaib,

I think that with Mapiex You would need to modify code stages to achieve what You want. My best advice is to stop using "Mapiex" as it is unstable and move to "MS Outlook Email VBO". It is faster, more stable and gives wider range of actions. We did it and it was enormous performance improvement.

Best regards,
Michal

------------------------------
Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

Hi Michal - thanks for your reply. I've had a look and indeed it seems like MS Outlook Email VBO is the way forward. Let me explore this option!

Regards
Sohaib

Sohaib Siddique

Hi Michal and others

I get the following error when implementing the 'Mark Email As Unread' VBO object in my process:

"Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Value does not fall within the expected range"

It seems that the EntryID received from Mapiex (AAAAAJt6MKpv1ApCqGeCaFa6NlMHAOTAwBG14uNHrlVnavewJE0AAZ+/Ar4AAOTAwBG14uNHrlVnavewJE0AAcFmqugAAA) has some type of encryption and differs to the EntryID format used by VBO somehow?

Sohaib Siddique

Hi Sohaib,

I would suggest to not mix Mapiex and MS Outlook Email VBO as they work differently. You should be able to perform all actions with just MS Outlook Email VBO.

Best regards
Michal

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

We already have a few uses of Mapiex object in the current project, so I was hoping I could slip in this one VBO function to mark emails as unread - do you think the issue is with the 'Entry ID' generation differences between Mapiex and VBO?

Sohaib Siddique

To be honest - I have no idea. When we saw how "MS Outlook Email VBO" works comapred to Mapiex we changed it everywhere. Maybe some more experienced users can help You with mixing it.

Best regards
Michal

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw