cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match 'NAME' element of an AA attribute where the case of the value differs from input value.

DeclanKeeton
Level 3
Hi,   I'm wondering it is possible to find a match for an AA element where the value of the 'Name' attribute and dynamic input may differ in upper/lower case. Example-  Input [Customer Email]- Test-Email@Outlook.com // Name Value of AA element - TEST.EMail@outlook.com Some context; I have a process where an email address is fed into the automation by advisors. I need to verify that this email exists within the application. The name of the element that I am searching for is the email. See the screenshot in the comment below of the application modeller.     My Current solution is a wait stage that references the input [Customer Email] which I use different wait stages to see if it exists and different text functions. Example Wait Stage containing Element - Customer Email  (Dynamic Name Element) Parameter of Name Element = [Customer Email] Then if not found Wait Stage containing Element - Customer Email  (Dynamic Name Element) Parameter of Name Element = Trim([Customer Email]) Then Wait Stage containing Element - Customer Email  (Dynamic Name Element) Parameter of Name Element = Upper([Customer Email]) Then Wait Stage containing Element - Customer Email  (Dynamic Name Element) Parameter of Name Element = Trim(Upper([Customer Email])) Then Wait Stage containing Element - Customer Email  (Dynamic Name Element) Parameter of Name Element = Lower([Customer Email]) Etc etc. And There's still a chance that it might not be found. I've attached a photo of the layout of emails in the application. I'll attach the application modeller below. (I can of course, read all the emails back and then compare the input email from the advisor against the emails from the application. Using TRIM & Upper functions when in data items but I am using BP V5.033 and having to use AA mode, so it will eat precious time up as number of emails listed in each account is unlimited and greatly varies )    
3 REPLIES 3

DeclanKeeton
Level 3
Application modeller.

DeclanKeeton
Level 3
To clarify. I mean the 'Name' attribute, the value is the customer email.

JunTan
Level 3
In wait stage application element parameters page, select match type as "Reg Ex" in value set value like . without