cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Issues Using Chrome

coreydrees
Level 4
I have developed my first process using Chrome. On the latest run  9:52am Blueprism memory is at 300MB 10:22am Blueprism memory is at 1.2GB and eventually crashes because it no longer can properly interact with the application.   Any ideas what could be causing such a leak? I've tried 1) removing my write to file logging, as in my experience file operations tend to be an opportunity for leaked memory 2) only logging on errors 3) Garbage Collection. doesn't work - even after the process above died, blueprism still hung onto all 1.2GB of memory   I don't pass around large collections and I definitely don't have big input files.  Does it have something to do with using google chrome?   I am going to upgrade from Blueprism 6.3.1 -> 6.4 with my fingers crossed.  
4 REPLIES 4

TomMaloney1
Level 3
Any luck with your memory issue?

Ya_CinLiou
Level 2
I have the same problem. If I run the process/object with chrome and remained BP process alive for 2~3 days, the object will even unable to identify the element which is worked fine before. The work around is to close or terminate all BP process and restart it.   Charlotte Liu

Anonymous
Not applicable
An update to 6.4 will not solve your problem. We had similar problems using the WebBrowser Control (IE) in Codestages. Our Automate.exe crashed after about 10 hours when running the process every 5 minutes because to much RAM was allocated. We ended up doing the following: 1. Close IE / Chrome when your queue is empty 2. Call the Gargabe Collector in the following way: System.GC.Collect(); System.GC.WaitForPendingFinalizers(); System.GC.Collect(); -> We had to call this every time at the end of an process (ugly..) because calling it in a later schedule of the process wasn't releasing the RAM. 3. Nightly Server restart I assume that the Automate.exe not properly closing every thread (see attached images). So these threads will stay open until you restart the Automate.exe session. If you don't use the garbage Collector these threads will not release the claimed RAM.   I would appreciate it if anyone got time to find a way closing unused threads of the Automate.exe.   Kind regards Marcel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot the important Screenshot