cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory not cleaning up after object ends

CarlosPires
Level 3
Hi everybody, We're having some issues with memory running my process. We've already implemented all the recommendations BP made in this article: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1141009962.  Also, we took in count the process solution design document, avoiding the use of child processes inside loop of the parent process. We're using objects inside loop of the main process. This process uses 2 applications, basically takes the info from one and paste it in the other, in the middle there're some validations and data conversions using some equivalence lists within excel. We've avoided using collections filtering. We attach and detach from the applications when needed. Both of the applications are web based and modeled with Google Chrome. We notice that the memory goes up particullarly when writing the new data onto the target system. When it finish writing there's no memory freeing up, It always goes up, and off course after sometime (around 30 cases), the process stops. For every case the memory rise up around 20~30 MB and doesn't release any of it. When the message "Automate.exe has stopped working" appears, the memory is around 1.3~1.4GB.  We've run the process in debug mode and control room, but we get the same result all the time.  Another thing we tried was reducing the application modeller from 250+ elements to around 120, using a lot of dynamic inputs. There's not a noticiable impact within the memory. We also tried using Firefox, and the result was the same.  Anyone have some suggestions? 
13 REPLIES 13

CarlosPires
Level 3
Hi DV, Right now our environments are on v6.4, I've tried upgrading BP to v6.4.1 and v6.4.2 in development environment, also downgrading to v6.3.1. For all tests I've installed the supported Google Chrome version and BP extension.  Conclusion: In every test the memory issue persists, there's no noticeable improvement on memory management. BP support team told me the same as you, so I recorded videos and gather evidence of the error in all versions and send them back. Chrome elements recognition is not our issue, as far as you have the supported version of chrome installed within your BP version, that shouldn't be a problem. Regards, Carlos

CarlosPires
Level 3
Latest BP support answer: ""I've received feedback from our Product Team on this issue. They've been able to reproduce the System.Out.Of.Memory exception with Chrome Processes and have confirmed that the root cause is due to a known issue (memory leak) in Blue Prism. The reference/tracking number for this issue is BG-2612. As the root cause is a memory leak in the BP product, there are no workarounds currently available. A permanent fix for this issue should be tentatively released as part of BP v6.5, which is slated to be generally available towards the end of April 2019."" Hope it helps some of you.  

JayaPrakash
Level 3
Hi Carles, Thank you very much for the update...It will be very helpful information for my team

DevikaMurugesan
Level 2
Hello Carlos, Thank you for the updates., Let's hope this 6.5 fixes the issue., My team is also looking at option to even stay away from Chrome browser and use IE11 instead.,  Regards,  DV