cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Key for Global send key event

SarahFleury
Level 2
Hello, 
I am trying to press the Menu key with a stage Global send key event. I tried the workaround SHIFT+F10 but it is not recognized in the application I am interacting with. Is there really no direct way of calling the Menu key? 

Thank you !

------------------------------
Sarah Fleury
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sarah,

First I would like you to check the below steps if you are performing the same or not with Global Send Keys action:

1) Always first activate the application window using a '
Win32' element as the first action by using 'Activate' function.

2) Then use '
Global Click On Center' function on the 'UIA', 'AA' or 'Browser' element that you want to click on before providing the Shift +F10 functionality.

3) Then use '
Global Send Keys' function on the 'Application Root' node where you need to use either the +({F10}) or +{F10} command.

If Global Send Keys approach does not work, then just replace step 3 with 'Global Send Key Events' function on the 'Application Root' node where you need to use <{SHIFT}{F10}>{SHIFT}  command.

In order to tell how to interact with the Menu key, can you explicitly tell us which application is it where you are trying to perform this action so that I can check on that as well ?

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Sarah,

First I would like you to check the below steps if you are performing the same or not with Global Send Keys action:

1) Always first activate the application window using a '
Win32' element as the first action by using 'Activate' function.

2) Then use '
Global Click On Center' function on the 'UIA', 'AA' or 'Browser' element that you want to click on before providing the Shift +F10 functionality.

3) Then use '
Global Send Keys' function on the 'Application Root' node where you need to use either the +({F10}) or +{F10} command.

If Global Send Keys approach does not work, then just replace step 3 with 'Global Send Key Events' function on the 'Application Root' node where you need to use <{SHIFT}{F10}>{SHIFT}  command.

In order to tell how to interact with the Menu key, can you explicitly tell us which application is it where you are trying to perform this action so that I can check on that as well ?

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

Dear Devneet, 

The application I am using is Avaloq. The actual situation is that if I try by hand the workaround SHIFT + F10 it is not working. So I would need a direct way to invoke the Menu key, if it exists. Thank you for your precious help.

Sarah Fleury

19533.png<{SHIFT}{F10}>{SHIFT} command is not working

Ankit Shukla
RPA Developer
Arvius Software Pvt Ltd.
Noida