cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

SemVerhaar
Level 3

I'm working my way through the Consolidation Exercise for the Blue Prism Foundation Training, and using the Utility-File management Business object to get data from the CSV file. Upon trying to get the CSV Values into a collection, I get the following error when running my process: 

"Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

I've been looking at forum solutions, but I'm not really getting any further. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they solved it...

6 REPLIES 6

SimonOrefici_Fr
Level 2

Sounds like installing the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 could help. Seems to be a known issue from other contexts of Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 not being compatible with 64 bit applications.

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Sem,

You need to install both 32 & 64 bit Microsoft Access DB engine on the machine. It's available over here: Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable

Thanks,

Babjee Vangipurapu.

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

SemVerhaar
Level 3

Hi, @SimonOrefici_Fr , I've downloaded the 2016 Access Database Engine 32bit (2010 will not work on my Windows 11 system), and ran it, which gave me 2 .dll's that I've put in Program Files (x86) and in Program Files > Blue Prism Automate. I'm unfortunately still getting the same error every time.

SemVerhaar
Level 3

@Babjee Vangipurapu, I've downloaded the 2016 Access Database Engine 32bit (2010 will not work on my Windows 11 system), and ran it, which gave me 2 .dll's that I've put in Program Files (x86) and in Program Files > Blue Prism Automate. I'm unfortunately still getting the same error every time.

SemVerhaar
Level 3

Problem has been resolved! I had to get the File Management 64x VBO installed rather than the 32x. 

Bala
Level 2

Hi Sem Verhaar,

I got the same error.  I just changed the provider name to "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0".

To Do this.

Open the Utility - File Management in the object studio.

Navigate to page - > Get CSV Text As Collection

Double click the Parse CSV Code stage.

Navigate to Code Tab.

Change the connection like below

Dim cn As New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source=" & Folder & ";Extended Properties=""Text;HDR=" & HDRString & ";FMT=Delimited""")

Press Ok. Save the project . 

35822.png

Thank you

Balamurugan