cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from IE to Chrome

ZatomG
Level 3
Hi BluePrism Community, 

We are migrating our browser from IE to Chrome. What are some of the main things that are different. What things should we be aware of so that there won't be any surprises?  Currently, we are using BP 6.4 with IE. Planning to migrate to Chrome with BP 6.10. What are some of the features that will be affected more than others while migrating and due to version gap?

Any insights  on this matter are highly appreciated! Thank you!

------------------------------
Neal Gurung
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

EVIPUTI
MVP
@ZatomG Just making sure that you are aware about our Blue Prism Application Modeller Conversion Tool . If not please find it here.
Also I do recommend you to go through this post once https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=caf158db-da49-4890-a891-fde452f4742d&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=dig...

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Olympia_Theodor
Level 2
Hi, 

There are several differences, some of them are often a bit challenging but you can always find solutions and workarounds. 

A main difference that I have encountered is that reading tables is not always possible in Chrome. However, it depends on the web application.
Another thing is that, in IE you could use actions to retrieve attributes of the elements or even parts of HTML code, whereas when migrating in Chrome, this possibility doesn't exist, at least with the BP version you will be using. The actions are more limited, mostly you can retrieve texts or values but not web paths or web ids, for example. 

Be careful when using some stages, as they aren't functional. For example, "write" stage often gives an error.

When retrieving data, be careful of the values you read. There could be characters that look like " " but are something different, and this could mess up your process and results if you need to compare these values to something else.  

These are some of the problems I usually see when migrating from IE to Chrome.

I hope I gave you an idea about what it's going to be like.
Have fun on your migration activities! 

Regards, 
Olympia Theodora Kalisperati
RPA Consultant

@Olympia Theodora Kalisperati I appreciate you taking your time and providing us some insights. This will be really helpful. Thank you !!!​

Zatom G

EVIPUTI
MVP
@ZatomG Just making sure that you are aware about our Blue Prism Application Modeller Conversion Tool . If not please find it here.
Also I do recommend you to go through this post once https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=caf158db-da49-4890-a891-fde452f4742d&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=dig...

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

@Vipul Tiwari Thank you for your response. I appreciate your helpful suggestions​

Zatom G