cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling Chrome Using 6.4

ChiragSurati
Level 4
I"m trying to model a web page however I could launch and spy the element. However, when I asked to highlight the element it didn't work. So increased the browser timeout from 3000 to 6000. Now I can not spy elements. Can someone please help?
11 REPLIES 11

ChiragSurati
Level 4
Good new I was able to get the spying to work again exiting out of Blue Prism and changing the browser timeout back to 3000. However, it still will not highlight any elements. Thanks in advance for the support.  

DaveMorris
Level 14
Are you saying that you can click 'Identify', then CTRL+click on an element, it gives you element attributes, and then when you click 'Highlight' it says unable to match the query terms? Could you take some screenshots or walk us through the series of steps you're taking? I've automated Chrome in 6.4 before, but I haven't run into any issues with it before so I'm trying to figure out how I'd reproduce the issue.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

MarcusGarberg
Level 2
I am having the same problem. Identifying the element gives me the element attributes, but highlighting the elements gives the error-message ""Error - Highlighting results - No matching Web elements found"". I have tried all sorts of element attribute combinations without any luck. I am using Google Chrome 64-bit (File/Product version 72.0.3626.96) and Blue Prism Version 6.4.9862 with Chrome Extension and “--force-renderer-accessibility” added to the web URL. The UI Automation mode works fine. This problem suddently happened after 3 weeks of stable production. Other information • Application Manager mode: Embedded (default) • A browser that is launched from an executable file Any tips?

TomMaloney1
Level 3
See this post:  https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/tech-chat/application-integration/i…

PraveenNair
Level 3
I responded to a similar post. please see below. https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/tech-chat/application-integration/i…  

PraveenNair
Level 3
Another solution proposed by someone else is:   When in chrome, navigate to flags (type: chrome://flags in search bar) Search for Enable network service flag and Disable it.

I am having the same issue. I am able to identify the elements, but highlight does not work.

Can't find a solution.
what I have tried:
Checked compatibility of BP version vs Extension version.
I ran chrome with param "--force-renderer-accessibility".
I tried disabling the flag suggested, but could not find the mentioned flag.
Tried killing all instances of Chrome.
Seems like the link to the other discussion is not working anymore.

Any othe solution you can share?

------------------------------
Igor Ferreira Pinto

1. What spy mode are you trying to use? force-renderer etc is for UIA so if you're going for Browser mode then that won't help
  2. What does the error message say when highlight doesn't work?
  3. Are you saying that you can successfully identify and then immediately after you click highlight and it doesn't work?
  4. What attributes are you using when you click highlight?

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

1 -When using UIA I have no problem. The problem occurs when using Browser mode.
2 - Message: "Error - Highlighting results - No matching Web elements found".
3 - Yes. I am able to identify and immediately after it does not identify.
4 - I've tried using the attributes that are returned automatically (without change). I've tried Item ID only, I've tried Path only, I've tried Value. And also tried various combinations of the previous ones.

p.s.: I am starting to suspect that the problem may be caused by the Chrome version. Although I could not validate this yet.
I am running BP 6.4.0, Chrome 86.0 and BP Extension v1.0.6.3. I will see if I manage to install Chrome 71.0 to make further tests.

Igor Ferreira Pinto