cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple BP instances on a single machine

RafeeqMohammad
Level 3
Hi, Could any one address the below queries. 1. What is the mechanism behind running a same process on the same resource machine with different ports. For example, Process1----Resource1:8080 Process1----Resource1:8081 Process1----Resource1:8082 2. Can we install a BP run time instances on terminal server machines under different user logins and run a process parellely? Any pointers to understand the above concept would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Rafeeq Mohammad  
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
1) The multi resource command is automate.exe /resourcepc /port 1234 (/publc or /user name password or /sso) But, you can run multiple processes in parallel on 1 resource pc provided the processes won't interfere with each other and the Run Mode setting of their objects are correct. In practice however it's mostly 1 process = 1 resource pc = 1 machine. 2) No BP isn't designed to run that way. Technically it can work with small numbers but it doesn't scale well - some have tried and failed.

RafeeqMohammad
Level 3
Hi John,   Thanks for the quick response. I have some follow ups. Can you please address. 1). Could you please elaborate how can we achieve this. Can you please point any supporting document if we have any. 2). Could you let us know what could be the probable issues we may encounter if we do so.   Best Regards, Rafeeeq Mohammad  

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The command automate.exe /resourcepc /public will start an anonymous resource pc using the default port 8181 The command automate.exe /resourcepc /public /port 8182 will start an anonymous resource pc using port 8182 The command automate.exe /resourcepc /sso /port 8183 will start a resource pc using port 8183 and authenticated via single sign on The problems with multi user sessions on a server OS relate to the way in which BP connects to applications and EXEs.

DerekTurner
Level 3
Hello all, In addition to this thread, we now have 1 server running 2 listeners, port 8181 and 8182.  I have 2 processes that I want to run simultaneously.  If I manually start them in the control room, they both run fine in parallel, however when I use the scheduler to start them, only the listener on port 8181 runs even though I have assigned the 8182 machine as the second resource to use.  The bot on port 8182 does not run as scheduled.  This is also the case if I schedule only the port 8182 machine. Not sure what setup we are missing.  Any thoughts? We are using automate.exe /resourcepc /public /port 8181 and automate.exe /resourcepc /public /port 8182  as parameters. Thanks in advance, Derek