cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Files Of Same Process

Hi Folks,

For Example I have a Process - P1 in a folder called "Invoice Creation". Then I moved it to Production with the structure how it is Development server.
Now I made some changes in Development and changes the  folder name to "Payment creation". Now when I import new release, I am overwriting all the process and objects. But in PROD same process present two different folders one i s "Invoice Creation" another one is  "Payment creation".

If I am trying to delete from any one folder then its deleting from both the folder.

Any one please advice how can we fix this issue or if any faced earlier please tell me the solution.

------------------------------
Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo
3 REPLIES 3

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff
Hello Amlan

It won't overwrite the process as it exists in the different folder structure. Now, when you are deleting one process then both are getting deleted and the reason for the same is that it is only the reference of the same process that exists in both the folders. 

In order to solve this issue, you can try renaming the folder in the dev environment (you can change the name back to required one later) back to the original name and then create the release file using that. After you import this in the production, you can move it to the "Payment Creation" 

I hope this will solve this issue. I have tested the same at my end and it worked for me.

Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

Thanks for your response Karan.
So for my understanding, basically according to you in development, the folder Name I should change same as production folder while creating package. Once I will import into production or once I create a release file then i can rename the folder it again right?

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

The other instance of this post

You don't need to change anything in Dev if it's already like you want it to be. Just change the folder name in production to match it and use Remove from group as necessary to remove duplicate process/object references.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA