cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple bots working a single queue

ctz9843
Level 4
I have an RPA process that can only run as single session due to constraints on the order in which queue items need to be worked. Im trying to come up with logic that would allow me to run this process on multiple resources. Any suggestions?

Suppose I have the following queue items. For a particular Order, each queue item must be worked in sequential order, 1 - A, then 1 - B, then C, D, and finally E.

How could I make sure that a robot only works on a distinct order number?

Order 1 - A
Order 1 - B
Order 1 - C
Order 1 - D
Order 1 - E

Order 2 - A
Order 2 - B
Order 2 - C
Order 2 - D
Order 2 - E

------------------------------
Dan Svantner
Application Architect
US Steel
America/New_York
4 REPLIES 4

mkumar407
Level 7
hi Dan,

This is very interesting scenario. You can try below for multi bot setup on single queue:
1. Keep list of number of bots with respective resource name to be used for your process
2. while prepare queue data - ensure to use Environment lock so that only one bot can load queue data
3. also, while preparing queue data and load - use TAGs and assign bot resource name in tags for each Order. eg Order 1 - A to E tagged to bot A, Order 2 - A to E tagged to bot B
4. For GET NEXT ITEM - Take advantage of Tag Filter and pass resource name which will filter only respective bot item and in seq
5. Continue with next steps and ensure Env locks if any shared file/action is used.

hope this will be useful.

Manish Kumar

Great proof and example, my friend! I believe using the tag filter is the best solution

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
America/Recife
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Thanks Emerson 😀
You are correct, we have some many functionalities within BP and at times we miss to utilize them in better way.

Manish Kumar

Thanks for the feedback, I will give this a try and respond back afterwards.​