cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple runtime resource on different ports needed for each process running via scheduler?

RaghavGupta
Level 4
I have 2 processes and both are scheduled to be run every 1 minute on the default port as in Terminal I give the command on the installation directory - Automate.exe /public /resourcepc

Also I have exposed a object and I think by default it uses port 8181 for web service.

So should I use different port for each process as both of them are scheduled to run every 1 minute?
Example for 1 process port 8182
For 2nd process port 8183
Object being exposed is by default using port 8181

------------------------------
Raghav Gupta
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi again, no you don't need to assign a port for each process. The port is a machine level setting.

BTW using the scheduler to create a loop can lead to problems. For example, if the process runs for > 1 minute, the next schedule will fail because the target machine is busy running the current process.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hello @John Carter, suppose I have 2 processes which are asynchronous and 1 object which is also exposed by default on port 8181, how can I remove the looping problem from scheduler?​

Raghav Gupta

I'm having trouble understanding what you are trying to achieve Raghav. If you've exposed an object as a WS, then when you call the WS the object action will run in it's own session, independent of any other processes. If a process happens to be using the same object via an action stage, then that will be a separate instance of the object.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Ok thanks John, I got it. Basically to avoid looping in scheduler I shouldn't schedule 2 schedules at 1 minute on same port. If I am doing on same port then the processes' run mode should be background so they can run concurrently.

Raghav Gupta