cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[NOTIFICATION] Issue with Browser automation after Microsoft Edge v128 update

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff

UPDATE: Just wanted to state that our Knowledge Base announcement has been updated to reflect the latest info about the new build of Edge and Blue Prism's recommendations for this scenario.

Original Post:

We received recent reports of browser automations failing after Microsoft Edge v128 update.

Microsoft Edge v128 was released to the Stable Channel on the 22nd August 2024 (see Release notes for Microsoft Edge Stable Channel)
Note: Microsoft Edge v128 had previously been released to Beta Channel on 1st August 2024.

The symptom observed is a failure to load the page after launching the browser.

Blue Prism Global Customer Support is investigating.  As more information becomes available, this article will be updated on the developing situation.

Note: Microsoft Edge v128 is not yet supported with Blue Prism Enterprise as of the time of this writing.

For the latest version of Microsoft Edge supported, please see our Browser Extension Compatibility Matrix

Solution:

Roll back to the previous release of Microsoft Edge that was deployed on the Runtime Resources.

Continue to check our Knowledge Base announcement for updated details on this situation: 

[NOTIFICATION] Issue with Browser automation after Microsoft Edge v128 update

See also: How to prevent Microsoft Edge from automatically updating to the newest version prior to testing (Edge version control)

13 REPLIES 13

@Michael_S MSFT has released a new build that fixes the known issue and our documentation has been updated accordingly. Think we can take this down from pinned status. 

Thanks!

@steven.boggs wrote:

@Michael_S MSFT has released a new build that fixes the known issue and our documentation has been updated accordingly. Think we can take this down from pinned status. 

Thanks!

Done 🙂

@Michael_S I'm attempting to reply to the original post with updated info but I'm not seeing them in this thread -- I've tried replying twice now. I'm also unable to edit the original post. 

Just wanted to state that our Knowledge Base announcement has been updated to reflect the latest info about the new build of Edge and Blue Prism's recommendations for this scenario.

There's an edit timer to prevent abuse. I've updated the OP for you @steven.boggs - drop me a message if there's any further edits needed 🙂