cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need solution to read WebMail messages

Arun_KumarPalan
Level 3
Hi All,
I have a scenario where we need to read details (subject and body of only unread email messages) from WebMail Inbox and load them to queue for further processing. Can someone please assist me on the technical feasibility and solution ? Thanks.

------------------------------
Arun Kumar Palanisamy
3 REPLIES 3

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Arun,

Does the webmail application you are using have a webservice to get info that way? If it does, that that might be the easiest way to get the email data for one email, or indeed a bunch of them in one go.

If no webservices are available, then you would do what a regular user would do: open the email, read its content to data items.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your inputs. I am accessing the mailbox in browser and no webservices available for the same. In that case, do I need to depend on UI to navigate and read email details? Because, as I need to filter only unread emails (and mark as read / move to another folder once read) and get required details from it I am wondering if this is possible by depending on UI based automation. Please provide your thoughts.

Arun Kumar Palanisamy

Hi Arun,

Yes, it sure looks like your process will be navigating the UI to get your data.

A trick regularly used to make things easier is to have a dedicated process folder for the emails to be in and move them to another folder (eg. 'Done') after reading. This way your process only has to only read everything in one folder in order to get going. Most webmail providers allow for auto-filtering incoming emails and auto moving filtered emails to a folder you specify. As a side effect, you can move an email back from the 'Done' folder into the dedicated process folder to have it reprocessed if something failed.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)