cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User ALERT! Can Blue Prism interact with excel workbooks?

CameronO_donnel
Level 2
Hey all!

I am new to Blue Prism (Today actually). I have a solution with Alteryx that results in 150 + Formatted excel files. I am looking for blue prism to complete the following processes.

1. Open the excel files in the folder.
2. Copy and special paste the first tab (They all have the same name)
3. Rename the tab, the excel files name
4. Move said tab into a workbook (keeping the formatting)
5. Remove all Test Qualifiers from formulas.

I have been researching all day and found some interesting topics that are similar. But, If a more experienced user can let me know if this is possible before I dive into learning.

Also, being this new to the community and program. How about a general best practice for learning and basic functionality!

Thank you so much!

------------------------------
Kindest Regards,

Cameron O'Donnell
2 REPLIES 2

GeoffHirst
Staff
Staff
Hi Cameron,

Thank you for using Blue Prism.

If you have installed Blue Prism locally, you should be able to locate the following path:

<installed drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO

In this folder you will find a number of VBO's that you can import into Blue Prism to provide additional functionality. The way to do this is from the file menu, choose Import and locate the above folder and select the BPA Object - MS Excel. This provides a multitude of functions for working with Microsoft Excel.

Please come back to us if you need further assistance.

kind regards

Geoff Hirst
Partner Pre Sales
Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

CarlCarter
Staff
Staff
Hi Cameron,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Blue Prism automation!

I would highly recommend before you begin building processes which you intend to deploy, that you visit the Blue Prism University and start working through the learning assets within the Blue Prism Developer Certification learning plan.

This can be accessed through the Blue Prism Portal, by selecting University > Training Offering (via LMS). Once in the University LMS, select 'Learning Plans' and then 'Blue Prism Developer Certification'.

As a minimum, you should complete the following steps before building your process so you are aware of best practices etc.

• Basic Awareness
  • Blue Prism Foundation Training
  • Developer - Mandatory Training

By completing these steps, you will have a basic understanding of our product, our recommended best practices and our delivery methodology; all of which will save you time and effort in process redesign work later.

Best regards,

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London