cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to perform action on Java Button

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All, I am currently working on Java based web application, as part of automation I need to click on one of the Java Button on that web page. When I am using Application Navigator to identify element (Button) in Java mode, it is not only getting highlighted but also not giving any error msg like "No element found - Unable to match any Active element", still I am trying to perform "Press" action on that button, it is not giving any error and not performing expected action. My first doubt is, its values for X: -1, Y: -1, Width: -1, Height: -1 and Ordinal: -1. Are those negative values indicates something? Please help me out, appriciate your support. Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Could you please confirm that you have done all the pre-requisites to be able to use Java mode. These are: Installing Java Access Bridge (available as an Extra in the releases area of the portal) Selected Browser as application type in the Application Modeller Wizard Ticked the checkbox to 'Enable java integration techniques' in the Appliaction Modeller Wizard If you have done all the above, your next point of call should be the Java and Browser guidesin the learning section of the portal to see if they can help you. It is also worth confirming that your web application does contain embedded Java, rather than just Javascript commands (which are very different).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Denis. Java Access Bridge already installed on my machine. Selecting Browser as application type, shows only HTML elements in Application Navigator. I have just selected it as Java Based application which will attach to running application by passing window title and process name which is iexplore, which shows all the elements in Application Navigator, but the problem still persist.

The correct settings would be to select that it is a browser applictiion but to then tick the 'Enable Java Integration Techniques' option. If the Java spy mode does not work most common faults is that the Java Access Bridge files have not been installed everywhere they need to (I think the Java guide or installation instructions tell how to install these manually), or otherwise an applicaion or java update has overwritten them. I think you are at the point where you may need to contact your Blue Prism mentor for more advice.