cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to press ENTER key - Browser Automation

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
I have done browser automation for a business case where for each time , task code need to be entered in search box and enter need to be pressed and then rest of the processing for that task. For pressing Enter, I have used Active Accessibility element and Sending the ENTER key using global send key. There were 100 tasks in the work queue. The design worked fine for first 40 task after that for one task Global send key " Enter" was not effective(though it has been passed from kwyboard) after putting task number in search icon. I have checked properties for corresponding element but it was fine. I was running this task at the same speed I ran all previous task. Also I already had Wait stage before and after Press Enter action. I restarted browser and it worked fine. But as I am running this with huge data once in a month, I want to ask if I have missed sth in design. One more thing. For few task I was getting the error( It was not able to recognize the elements). can u please suggest if any workaround available for this? Highlighting results - Old format or invalid type library. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80028019 (TYPE_E_UNSUPFORMAT)) When I restarted the process it worked fine?
Narayan
2 REPLIES 2

AndrzejSzady
Level 3
maybe an Ol' Recover>CountErr>resume same state workaround would work?

Venkata_Sreedha
Level 4
@narayanshrawagi -- how did you resolve this issue? I am facing the same error in my application. Appreciate any help in solving the issue.