cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see the Process and Objects after the Database copy. V6.5.1

AbhilashMakkena
Level 3
We created a new instance (SAT) for our test regions in organization. I took the database copy from Existing BP server and copied to new DB server. Initially I was not able to validate the database because I installed v.6.5.1 on the new application server, previous version was v5.0.33. Then when I hit upgrade database since I am on older version, it gave me some user issue like "sysadmin" grant, I got that granted but not able to authenticate after the sysadmin role granted. 

Getting two different errors: "The database in invalid for the version" . I am assuming I can run some sql scripts to apply the Blue Prism schema for the database. 

Can someone provide me the scripts that I can manually create a database. 

Thanks,
Abhilash.

------------------------------
Abhilash Makkena

4 REPLIES 4

AmiBarrett
Level 12
The simplest approach would be to do a package export/import between the two instances, after you've had 6.5.1 create the database. You might be able to get away with a SQL import, but as you say, the schema gets modified between the versions. I really wouldn't recommend it.

If you still have the schema changelog table from 6.5.1, you might be able to use the information in there to figure out what changes need to be made. But again, this is not recommended.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

ChadDokmanovich
Level 3

If you don't have sufficient rights to successfully click the "Upgrade Database" button, you won't be able to execute the upgrades scripts manually, either. We're you planning on getting a DBA or someone with sufficient access, like dbo_owner access, to do this?

Look into this:

4.6. Generate Manual SQL Create and Upgrade Scripts

For scenarios where it is necessary for database creation or update operations to occur manually, the SQL scripts for the operation can be generated.

 Create Script AutomateC.exe can be used to generate a script and save it on a local device which, when run against a blank database, generates the Blue Prism schema and carries out essential configuration.

Automatec.exe /getdbscript > "c:\temp\CreateScript.sql"

Upgrade Script AutomateC.exe can be used to generate a script and save it on a local device which, when run against an existing Blue Prism database, updates the schema and configuration to be appropriate for the version of Blue Prism.

Automatec.exe /getdbscript /fromrev 10 > "c:\temp\UpgradeScript.sql"

I'd recommend instead to ask the database to temporarily grant you dbo rights long enough for you to hit the upgrade button. Take the happy path if you can.

------Original Message------

We created a new instance (SAT) for our test regions in organization. I took the database copy from Existing BP server and copied to new DB server. Initially I was not able to validate the database because I installed v.6.5.1 on the new application server, previous version was v5.0.33. Then when I hit upgrade database since I am on older version, it gave me some user issue like "sysadmin" grant, I got that granted but not able to authenticate after the sysadmin role granted. 

Getting two different errors: "The database in invalid for the version" . I am assuming I can run some sql scripts to apply the Blue Prism schema for the database. 

Can someone provide me the scripts that I can manually create a database. 

Thanks,
Abhilash.

Abhilash Makkena

I did the same thing, but my BPProcess log is showing the double than it is usual. 

Like we currently have 101MB but when I exported and imported the release package data on dashboard is showing 202MB. 

Not just that everything is doubled. So, here I do see that database copy is successful and I created a new database with different database.  Metrics are doubled, any thoughts?

Abhilash Makkena
RPA Developer
Vanguard Retail Systems
America/New_York

Tried my luck in that way as well. 

Error : Failed to configure Database - Invalid Object name "BPAUser"

Abhilash Makkena
RPA Developer
Vanguard Retail Systems