cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting option for "Get Table" for tables present in web while using Chrome automation

HI All

I m trying to get table elements from a web table using chrome automation(means using Browser mode/UIA mode).

I tried different options but "Get Table" option is not there so I am not able to get a single row also.

Please let me know if any work around is there or not, any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Regards.
Amlan Sahoo
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

This worked for me in Chrome. The PATH originally ends with /DIV[1] and by adding the TABLE portion to read: /DIV[1]/TABLE[1] and changing the Element Type = Table (Web), and also changing Web Element = TABLE instead of DIV and selecting it. This allows the table to be read with 'Get Table Items' into a collection.

David Volkov

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

GopalBhaire
Level 10

Hi,

If you are able to spy a Table item then try this then just change Web Path to stop at TABLE[index], change web element type to TABLE at this moment see if you're able to highlight the Table as whole.

If Yes,then spy some other element on table which will show you all the Element type as shown in screenshot below, then copy all selected attributes of the table element and change type to Table(Web). Then use read stage to Read All Items of table into collection.

19677.png

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

HI Gopal,

Thanks for replying.
I have tried the way you and I am getting option Rad all Ites=ms but while reading using read stage getting below error. Let me know if any work around is there.
I have tried increasing time from Automate.exe for browser automation still faced the issue.

19678.png

RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

I assume you were able to highlight table properly.

Sorry but I've never encountered this issue, the only other way out seems to be that you spy a table item and make Web Path dynamic and loop it over table row.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Thanks Gopal for your response.

Yes I can able to highlight but its okay I have workaround.

RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi Amlan, Can you please share the workaround?

Thanks,
Siddique

Mohammad Siddique
Senior Consultant
Allstate
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Amlan,

Although the table seems to be highlighted correctly, it may not be table. It can be some div class before or after the table.

In some cases I get help from Developer Console of Chrome to get correct Xpath/HTML Path of table. It can be determined by searching <table></table> html tag. When Xpath/HTML Path is obtained, you can try on Application Modeller and read stage.
19689.png

Taha Sonmez
ROM Architect
SabanciDx

This worked for me in Chrome. The PATH originally ends with /DIV[1] and by adding the TABLE portion to read: /DIV[1]/TABLE[1] and changing the Element Type = Table (Web), and also changing Web Element = TABLE instead of DIV and selecting it. This allows the table to be read with 'Get Table Items' into a collection.

David Volkov

That solution has just worked for me in MS Edge as well, @David Volkov
🙂

Stuart Robb

Hi @David Volkov,
Thankyou so much it worked for me.
Regards,
Sivaranjani Singaravel.​