cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O365 Graph API Outlook - BP V6.4

SumitKewalraman
Level 3

Hi Team,

In Continuation to my previous question related to graph API, Can we consume outlook via graph API in BP V6.4.

I have gone through the guides for Microsoft 365 - Outlook VBO and followed all the steps for azure app registration. However, in the guide prerequisite for this VBO is BP V6.7 or later.

Could you please help me with the same and guide the ways to consume graph API in V6.4 if possible?

Thanks

Sumit Kewalramani

------------------------------
Sumit Kewalramani
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Sumit,

If it's a VBO that you are trying to use then please go ahead with using it on V6.4. If you face any challenges then please post here.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@SumitKewalraman,

Yes, you can use the Microsoft 365 Graph - Outlook VBO with BP v6.4, but you'll need to make sure that you get the latest Utility - HTTP VBO from the DX too.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks for the response, Shashank, Eric.

I have imported the object in both V6.4 and V7.1.2 along with all dependent objects.

I can see 2 compiler error in V6.4 and not in V7.1. Could you please help on the same?

Attached screenshot for your reference.

Sumit Kewalramani Software Engineer

@SumitKewalraman,

Both of those compiler errors are basically red herrings. You can address the first one by chaning the code of the Code stage slightly. Open the Code stage in that action and replace the existing switch (interval) statement on line 6 with this:

11713.png

The input parameter interval is a Decimal value which shouldn't be a problem for the switch statement, so I imagine it's an issue with the .NET Framework version being used under BP v6.4. The above change will simply convert the Decimal value of interval to an integer and use it in the switch statement.

As for the second exception, again it shouldn't matter and should not stop you from being able to run the action on the VBO. If it does, simply open that Code stage and remove the Exception ex definition:

11714.png

Cheers, 

Eric Wilson

Thanks for the response Eric.

I have another question related to O365 migration, Currently we are using Blue Prism  V6.4 and consuming MAPIEx & Microsoft Outlook Client directly in our processes. Is it possible to continue using that with O365 Outlook without any impact as current outlook must be migrated to O365 before October 2023.

What will be the possible ways to avoid consuming Graph API for time being and continue our processes As IS?

@SumitKewalraman,

As long as you have the Outlook client installed locally on the Digital Worker, your processes should still function, as expected, against Office 365.

If your IT team is wanting to move away from having the Outlook client software installed on the DWs, you'll need to look at the Microsoft 365 - Outlook connector on the DX. This connector does not use the Outlook client. Instead, it uses Microsoft's Graph API to communicate with Exchange.

The functionality is a bit different, so you will have to spend time analyzing to determine what needs to change in your process.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric,

We are trying to use Hashicorp to store client secrets for Graph API, Could you please share a guide or let us know how we can integrate and use Hashicorp to store the secrets.

Thanks

Sumit

@SumitKewalraman

I always start with searching the Digital Exchange first to see if there's an existing connector that can be used. As it turns out, there are a few connectors for HashiCorp Vault. I assume that's what you're using? If not, you'll need to investigate what APIs or SDKs your specific HashiCorp product is using.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/search?keyword=hashicorp&page=1

Cheers,

Eric Wilson