cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OR condition in Tag Filter

arghya.b
Level 5
Hi All,

Is there any option or way to use OR condition in tag filter with out using multiple GetNext Item stage, because in my case the filter text will come dynamically.
Like: AA or BB

------------------------------
Arghya Bhattacharyya
RPA Developer
Asia/Kolkata
4 REPLIES 4

Sai_Devendra_Ku
Level 3
There is no OR condition that we can use in the GetNextItem Stage.

If you search for tags in the product help there is a Queue Management page for you to read with the answer to your question.  You can filter using multiple tags by putting a semi-colon between them and you can also put a + or - symbol in front of the tag to symbolize if you want to filter on the tag existing or not existing.

Sai Devendra Kumar Komma

Thanks for the reply.
Yes there is AND option which we can use with + or - ,but  I am curious to know if any option for OR like: AA or BB/Account:AA or Account:BB

Arghya Bhattacharyya
RPA Developer
Asia/Kolkata

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

There is no OR option for tag filter. But you can follow a workaround in filter. See below link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48049596/tag-filter-with-or-condition

Anmol .

Hi,

In one of my past projects, something like this came up. The best approach we found was to go with a negative tag filter for other tags that are possible since the tag filters always work in an AND'ed mechanism instead of an OR'ed one. For example, if I have four tags A, B, C and D and let us suppose I only want items having a tag as A or B.

We can then use the following tag filter to exclude C and D so that items having A or B could be picked up:

-C;-D then it will return you items having the tags as A or B only.

In case your tags are bit complex, I would suggest a solution redesigning by deciding the tagging mechanism and how to fetch the items from a workflow perspective.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Blueprism 6x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com