cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Excel Workbook changes file name

Erika_Papp
Level 4

Hi All,

There is a strange behavior in the Blue Prism MS Excel VBO Object.

In some cases the Open Workbook action OUT Workbook Name parameter changes the original file name:

From _Rebate --> _rebate

35831.png

35832.png

Please help what could cause this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Dear Erika,

This is strange, Even I have created a test excel with name of "3302116_Spinnaker_ZTE_VZ_20230701-0731_Rebate" and its working fine.

Please confirm which version of blueprism are you using it?

35829.png

35830.png

Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Erika,

I would suggest to download the latest VBO and check whether you observe the same behavior

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/ms-excel-vbo

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Dear Erika,

Still are you facing the same issue? 

Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Erika_Papp
Level 4

Hi Devendran,

We are using Blue Prism 7.1.0.

I had to change the process immediately as the error caused a lot of exception.

To get the workbook name I use the split path option instead of using Blue Prism Excel VBO Open Workbook output parameter. 

I have only logs where this strange behavior can be investigated. 

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Erika,

Is this happening with this specific excel or is it the same for all?

If this is specific to this excel then the issue is with the file create a new excel with same naming and copy all the data into new file and try reading it.

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

Dear Erika,

Thanks for your update. Please reimport latest excel VBO and copy & paste all the data's into new excel and then do a test and confirm us back.

Based on the outcome we will move forward. thanks