cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open process or object in view mode

gediminas_smita
Level 3
Hello, how can I open a process or an object in view mode (read-only) when no-one is editing it?
I want to view processes and objects, but do not interrupt developers, do not lock them for editing.
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

MarkStallard
Level 3
If you right-click on the process or object, then select View from the popup menu, it should open the code for you in a read-only mode:

23533.png

I tried this just now in Blue Prism 6.5.1. The window says "Debug" instead of "View", but it's still a read-only mode, and the process isn't locked as a result.

I want to view processes and objects, but do not interrupt developers, do not lock them for editing.

I wish everyone had your sense of consideration!

------------------------------
Mark Stallard
Software Developer
Raytheon Company
America/New_York

It looks like my version is 6.2 and my right-click menu is different.  I do not have view choice.
23537.png

Hmmm... I can't remember what 6.2 looked like. Maybe it just doesn't have a View option in that right-click menu. What happens if you right click on the most recent version history/save for that process? That should be the same thing. And then if that doesn't work, try selecting the 2 most recent version history/saves, right click, and then use Compare.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thank you, right-clicking on the latest version did the trick.
23541.png