cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening/Using applications installed in the user space

robin_wylie
Level 3
We have an application that's installed in the user space (C:\Users\\Application) and are having difficulties coming up with a method to allow multiple robots to open and access the Object. Since Blue Prism doesn't support windows variables (like %username%) in the application modeler, I attempted to create a BAT file that we could use to launch the application. Unfortunately, after launching through a BAT file, Blue Prism can no longer find the application once it launches. Has anyone found a good method to launch a user space application across multiple robots, without recreating the mapping multiple times?
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I wont ask why applications are being installed in user specific locations, it might be worth asking your infastructure team to install the application in a standard windows program directory instead. Most applications can be attached to when launched (only a couple of mainframes that I know of will not allow it) - can you attach to the application by just using the window title?

robin_wylie
Level 3
It's based on a .Net click once install, and installs the executable in the user space only.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Can you not use a Navigate to launch, and supply the exe path as a Data Item? Just before the Navigate use a Calc to dynamically construct the path, using Utility - Environment.Get User Name

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Can you not use a Navigate to launch and supply the path as in input? Before the navigate use the Environment utility object and a Calc to dynamically construct the path using the current Windows user name.