cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Forms on Java

AlexeyGanshin
Level 3
Hi all ! I work with forms through JAB. It works but very slowly. 10-14 sec. on the definition of an element, or reading a string from an element. How can I speed up item identification?
6 REPLIES 6

BalakrishnaG
Level 4
Hi,   Try To add these two wrods :  descendtree,ignorenotshowing , in the Application modeler in ""If necessary enter any options specific to the target application as directed  by blueprism tech support: field.   The process will become faster

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, We also experienced this issue. Following all the recomendations to speed up JAVA automation did not help. Therefore in this case we used surface automation to work around the issue.

AlexeyGanshin
Level 3
Hi all! Unfortunately adding ""descendtree,ignore not showing"" did not help to resolve my problem.

MikkoRahikainen
Level 4
Hello. I have encountered the same issue and we have changed spying mode to the surface automation (unfortunately) We tested one reading stage with Blue Prism and UIPath. With BluePrism (Java) it took ca. 30 seconds to read one field. On the other hand, it took 0,1 seconds with UiPath...  What is the fundamental difference between these two? - BluePrism requires that Java access bridge is enabled and UiPath requires that Java access bridge is disabled... Br, Mikko

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Very interesting regarding UiPath. With the issues on Oracle with Java spying, you could instead of going full surface automation choose a hybrid route where you use java automation for critical parts of the process or to ensure an element is on screen then surface automation from then on.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Blueprism scans whole element tree to find element and every time it does anything to it. If tree is huge, it becomes really slow unless you can limit by ancestor count. If UIPath uses element path somehow to find element, that would be much faster. If it remembers internal id after element is found, that would be even better.