cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Programmattic Access Outlook 2016

Anonymous
Not applicable
When we try to send an email on a VM, using the Outlook VBO, a warning message relating to Programmatic access of Email pops up - due to the OS not recognising that anti virus software is installed.  We could switch this off via Outlook Trust Centre settings for Programmatic Access on the VMs, specifically to €œNever warn about suspicious activity€. However, my IT Security colleagues are not keen on that solution.  Can anyone suggest an alternative solution or workaround when using Outlook 2016 & the Outlook VBO? 
7 REPLIES 7

MattDavis
Level 5
Would love to hear if anyone has a workaround for this! We've come across the same issue and we've tried sending keys to press through it, which presses the right buttons but after you hit enter on the okay button it doesn't actually allow access. I'm not sure how we go about spying that window so we can send mouse clicks to it.

RaviTeja
Level 3
We have similar requirement to read Mails from Outlook through Code stage. If ""Never warn me about Suspicious activity"" is checked in , no popup issue came. If due to some issues, settings got reset I have created Business Object to spy the popup and click on Allow. I have attached Business object file which used to spy the popup. Hope it will solve the issue!!

MadsMeyer
Level 3
Hi ravitej, How do you force the code stage to allow to press allow? Do you use a exception for the code stage that cannot be executed? RIght now it is stuck in the code stage until you manually press allow. Thank you for the input. /M

MattDavis
Level 5
I was able to solution this for our team. I simply created an outlook VBO, modeled outlook application attached to outlook, then ran my script to get programmatic access. Once the pop up appeared, I was able to properly spy it and press through the security prompts in an automated fashion.

I know this is a few years old now, but can you share how you managed to get the popup to appear without invoking the 'Send Email' (or other) Outlook VBO action please?

I have the same issue - we cannot change the programmatic access settings, so when we call the 'Send Email' action the popup appears - we cannot click 'allow' as Blue Prism is stuck on the 'Send Email' action meaning it won't move onto the next step.

I have spied the popup, but can't get it to appear without invoking an Outlook VBO action.

Thanks

------------------------------
Calum McKenna

EVIPUTI
MVP
@Richard Abba Have you tried sending mails using "Email POP3/SMTP VBO" ?

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Within a Code Stage, you might encapsulate the MailItem Send() action within a separate thread (System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Factory.StartNew...), which prevents Blue Prism from getting blocked. You can then handle the Popup by the usual means... Keep in mind, however, that embedding threading imposes some concurrency risks. 

Hth,

Holger

Holger Brocks
Engineer
DB Investment Services GmbH
Europe/Berlin