cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook VBO - Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found

VanessaFelix3
Level 3
I'm using the MS Outlook Email VBO  -  Get Received Items (Basic)  - action to retrieve e mails from a sub folder in the mailbox.  Visually in Outlook, the default folder appears first then the sub folder to retrieve e mails from appears 2nd.

The input parameters that I am using are: Sub Folder, Received Earliest, Received Latest, Include Read, Include Unread. When I step over the object I get the following message: "  Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found"

When I remove the subfolder input parameter value it pulls in e mails from the main default folder but not from the sub folder.

I did the following:
Checked that Microsoft.office.Interop.Outlook.dll is installed
Turned off Cached Exchange mode 
Setting the sub folder as the default folder

Non of these have worked. Has anyone encountered this issue and resolved it? Please share your resolution steps. Would be much appreciated!!

------------------------------
Vanessa Felix
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Vanessa,

Yes, you should still be able to use the VBO. Just set the value of he Account Display Name input to that of the other email account.

26465.png
The value of the input will be whatever the value of the mailbox is as it's displayed in Outlook:

26466.png

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi Vanessa,

Have you verified that the subfolder name doesn't include any whitespace at the beginning or ending of the name?

Cheers,​

Eric Wilson

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Vanessa,

Would be good to confirm the folder structure you have in the mailbox, and the value you had plugged into the sub folder. Please be reminded that the 'Sub Folder' input parameter in 'Get Received Items (Basic)' action must be a sub folder of the Inbox folder.

It would be good if you can remove all input parameters except for 'Sub Folder' to see if you are pulling anything from Outlook at all.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Eric - thank you for your response.  I used the Trim expression to clean up the name but I'm still getting the same internal error.

Vanessa Felix

Hi Bruce - it turns out that it is not a sub folder but a 2nd e mail account so I made the target e mail account and data files the default e mail account and default data files.  Visually in Outlook this put the target account as the first account. After making that change the Email VBO Get Received Items (Basic) action worked.

The problem is that Outlook now makes this the default account for sending e mails and this is not what the client wants. They want the 1st account (before I switched defaults) as the account used to send email.

Now that we identified that it is not a subfolder but a separate e mail account, can the Email VBO Get Received Items (Basic) action still work?

Any input would be appreciated.

Vanessa

Vanessa,

Yes, you should still be able to use the VBO. Just set the value of he Account Display Name input to that of the other email account.

26465.png
The value of the input will be whatever the value of the mailbox is as it's displayed in Outlook:

26466.png

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

I'm on BP version 6.9 and the Account Display Name input parameter is not available. Which version are you using?

26467.png

Vanessa

You'll want to grab the latest version from the DX. You can find it here.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

I downloaded the latest version of the Outlook VBO from the DX and used the Account Display Name parameter to identify the target e mail account and this worked - Thank you!!!

Vanessa