cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook VBO - Move Item action not moving e-mails just copying

LourdesUrena
Level 5

Hello dear community,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on how to go about moving e-mails to an inbox sub-folder because the action of the VBO is not working correctly.  I read in previous posts the suggestion was to download the latest version of the VBO so we did, but the emails keep being copied instead of moved.  Using Cached Exchange Mode is not an option because it is a shared mailbox that currently has more than 186K e-mails in the inbox.  Open to all suggestions.

------------------------------
Lourdes Urena
Sr Solutions Engineering
Grainger Panama Services
Panama
Lourdes Urena Sr Solutions Engineering Grainger Panama Services Panama
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, I have tested it's working fine for me. I have tested with the latest Outlook VBO from DX it's working for me for moving items.

PFA for the same,

31468.png

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz

Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

ewilson
Staff
Staff

This is not an issue with the VBO. As you can see from the screenshot below, the code of the VBO performs a Move action on the Outlook API.

31469.png

If a copy of the email is being retained in the original folder this is an issue with the configuration of the mailbox/Exchange. If you can't use Cached Exchange Mode you may be out of luck as it also controls synchronization of shared folders, which I imagine is what's happening here. You have so many emails in this inbox that Exchange can't keep up with synchronizing all changes.

What you might try doing, since moving an email generates an new Entry ID for it, is after the move try to delete the original email using the original Entry ID. This should, in theory, get rid of the email from the original inbox/folder but retain the newly moved email in the new destination folder.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange