cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook VBO on Multiple Email Boxes

Liam_Heiniger
Level 4
I'm attempting to use the Outlook VBO with release 6.3 to pull all the sent emails from the various group emails on my Outlook but I an only get the sent emails from my default email a none of group emails. Does the out Outlook VBO allow me to pull sent emails from a group email I'm a part of, any tips, hints or suggestions about how to go about solving this issues?
44 REPLIES 44

Hi @AmiBarrett

this wo​rks fine, 
I am facing an issue with Outlook 365,
I have access to a shared mailbox which is auto mapped to my profile, i get email if the Outlook is Open, if outlook is closed i am unable to get emails.

Do you have any solution to this ? or starting the Outlook process is only option ?

------------------------------
Ishan Mahajan
India

Strange - The MAPI bridge that the various Outlook VBOs use (not to be confused with MAPIEx, which uses a custom dll) should typically run an instance of Outlook in the background automatically. If this succeeds, it should show up as one of the various icons next to the clock on the toolbar. If this is either not engaging or not succeeding, then yes - it sounds like you'll need to launch Outlook first in order to use these VBOs.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Hi Ami,

I had a quick question about reading emails from a shared mailbox within the same profile. I am stuck and tried to use your VBO which you provided in another thread. But that's not working too. I modified the GetDefaultFolder() to use a different folder but that also does not seem to work. Can Blue Prism currently handle reading from shared mailboxes in the same profile?

Arjun Gupta
Associate Process Automation Developer
UL LLC
America/Chicago

It should if you use the VBO I uploaded, yes. Are the folders set to visible?

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Hi Amy,

Yes, the folders are set to visible.

Arjun Gupta
UL LLC
America/Chicago

Can I see a screenshot of your inputs?

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

18036.png
18037.png
18038.png

Arjun Gupta
UL LLC
America/Chicago

I don't know what values you have filled in, but most of those have defaults and shouldn't need to be filled in unless absolutely necessary. If you want the root inbox, [Sub Folder] should be blank. If you want all messages in the inbox, [Sender Name], [Sender Email], [Subject] and [Message] should also be blank. Those are intended to be search filters. Additionally, make sure the address in [Shared E-Mail] is the recipient email address associated with the shared box you're trying to pull from.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Yeah, it's strange. 

I think issue occurring due to Auto Mapping of shared mail box, i  do see Outlook notification in Toolbar(Under quick access near time) but Blue prism is not able to read mails, to overcome we launched Outlook using command line and required profile, though we ran into another issue, if we do not expand the shared mail box folder then Blue prism is not able to read shared mail box emails, for that we used a macro to expand shared mailbox folder on outlook startup, this solved our issue.

Ishan Mahajan
India

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your reply. I worked on this the whole day today trying to tweak the mailbox (I thought the issue was with the mailbox itself). But then I ran the code with the mailbox again and interestingly, I can easily read emails from the inbox of the shared mailbox. The problem arises when I am passing a value to the "Sub Folder" data item. That's when I am getting "Object not found" error. I debugged the issue with a colleague and we zeroed out on the line in the code stage of "Get Mails" of the "Internal Get Items" page of the "MAPi" VBO. We figure out that the issue is with that line. I have attached my revised folder structure and a snippet of the code stage issue that I am talking about (the line where we feel the error is coming out has been highlighted).

Arjun Gupta
UL LLC
America/Chicago