cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass values to a website and save these values

AndersNorlyk
Level 2
Hi,

I am a bit stuck in a web-automation process. Basically I am trying to pass a certain value into an input cell on a website. Having done this, I wish to safe this change to the cell value so that next time I open the website, it remembers this new value. 

This is were my process arises. All elements on the website are spied correctly, and the process is able to pass the wished value into the cell of interest as it should. However, even though the website displays the correct value in the cell after the process has passed it, it is as the website does not really register the change, because when I save the changes, the next time I open the website, it hasn't saved the new value. Normally when I have this problem, I would spy the field in region mode and then use "send keys event". 

However, I don't think this will be possible in this case as I need to spy the element dynamically. 

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Anders

------------------------------
Anders Norlyk
Junior Analyst
Private
Europe/Aarhus
1 REPLY 1

JamesMan
Staff
Staff
It's hard to tell why it's not working, but is the "saving" on the website done through ajax calls (like it saves every keypress as you type) as opposed to a "submit" button?  See if you can write the input, or trigger the save using Javascript.

Information on javascript fragments can be found here: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1382169652
Information on invoking JS functions can be found here: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1140187692

More details on what spy modes you are using would help to narrow down what potential solutions there are to this problem.

James Man
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong