cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal project - web-based Control Room

MaksimKazlou
Level 3

Hi BP community,

I'd like to share my results of work on a personal project - web-based Control Room for Blue Prism. Will welcome any feedback or advice.

The benefits are:
*Browser-based: no need to install Blue Prism software on client machines. A good option for skilled business users who just want to monitor bot work progress.
*Security:
    -Access to API is granted only to authorized Blue Prism users.
    -API access control is based on JWT bearer authentication.
    -Access to BP database views is controlled by a specially created service account with limited 'read' rights.
    -Nothing is being written or changed in BP database directly.
*Easier deployment (vs BP official components): Run SQL scripts; deploy 2 components, API and client (optionally), to IIS; adjust config and settings.
*Version-agnostic: one client can connect to BP environments of different versions. No need to install several separate versions of BP to connect to different environments.
*Old versions support: is compatible with BP v7.0+ and v6.0+ (that are not compatible with official Blue Prism API). Older versions were not tested.
*Familiar friendly interface: html client mimics desktop control room well known to everyone working with BP.
*Self-sufficient client: written in vanilla JS, it is well-portable incorporating HTML, CSS and JS in one file. Doesn't link to any external resources.
*Extendable: open for adding new functionality.

Sources: github

Demo (8min): 

------------------------------
Maksim Kazlou
Lead Software Engineer
EPAM
Europe/Warsaw|Minsk
Maksim Kazlou Lead Software Engineer EPAM Europe/Warsaw|Minsk
15 REPLIES 15

MaksimKazlou
Level 3

Hi guys,

FYI: As a logical continuation, I've implemented extra feature for the app - Azure AD based SSO authentication.

More details in my LinkedIn post.
Sources: github
Demo (1min):

Maksim Kazlou
Lead Software Engineer
EPAM
Europe/Minsk

I'm just here to say WOOOOOOOW this is amazing @MaksimKazlou!

💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

You should get an award buddy  @MaksimKazlou. It's looking pretty cool. I am just curious to know if we all can use this in our project or not.

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Thanks Amlan,

The sources are placed in public github, so you're free to try.

Maksim Kazlou
Lead Software Engineer
EPAM
Europe/Warsaw|Minsk

Thanks Maksim. But the pre requirements for the same we can also do by our self or we need get an IT approval for the same and all the requirements in the GitHub link ?

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Amlan,

if I got your question, it will depend on security and access policies established in your organization. In total, to adapt this solution you'll need access to BP database, installation of BP interactive client and some Azure features like register and setup Azure app. I know that in many organizations at least last thing is controlled by IT department, and likely you'll need to collaborate with them.

Maksim Kazlou
Lead Software Engineer
EPAM
Europe/Warsaw|Minsk