cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Data Gateway Setup Error

MatthewMartin
Level 2
Hello!

I'm trying to set up a Data Gateway in Blue Prism, simply to test it out. 

I've installed Blue Prism Trial Edition 6.10.1, the Data Gateways Engine, SQL Server, and followed the guides to configure all.

I can run a process via a scheduler, so I think the BP server is set up ok 

The error I'm getting is in Blue Prism Control Room (Data Gateways Selection) when the Data Gateway attempts to run:
"Unable to connect to database. Tried 1 times {:error_message=>'Java::ComMicrosoftSqlServerJdbc::SQLServerException: The  TCP/IP Connection to the host (LocalDB),port 1433 has failed. Error: \' (LocalDB)" 

The TCP/IP protocol is enabled in SQL Server Confiruration Manager, so I'm a little lost. 

I notice on the Documentation it has a requirement of Enterprise Edition license - is the issue I have a trial version / license?

The install/setup of the Gateway is currently restricted by my organisation, so I was hoping to install and try it out on my personal laptop while they jump through the hoops.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Matthew,

It looks like you are using SQL LocalDB which is a stripped down bare minimum installation of SQL Server, basically just enough components to start and run the database engine. Unfortunately SQL LocalDB only supports the Named Pipes client protocol and the JDBC driver used by Data Gateways does not support Named Pipes but exclusively uses TCP/IP for its database connections. To get around this you could look to install SQL Server Express locally on your laptop and configure Blue Prism to create a new database on the SQL Server Express instance, this would allow you to make use of data gateways.

Regards

Chris

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ConradoMeli
Level 5
Hi Matthew,

It looks like a network error, can you connect to the database from another client?
Check the hostname, port and driver.

Can you post your datagateway configuration to see if there is something wrong?

Regards,

Hi Matthew,

It looks like you are using SQL LocalDB which is a stripped down bare minimum installation of SQL Server, basically just enough components to start and run the database engine. Unfortunately SQL LocalDB only supports the Named Pipes client protocol and the JDBC driver used by Data Gateways does not support Named Pipes but exclusively uses TCP/IP for its database connections. To get around this you could look to install SQL Server Express locally on your laptop and configure Blue Prism to create a new database on the SQL Server Express instance, this would allow you to make use of data gateways.

Regards

Chris

MatthewMartin
Level 2
Thanks for the replies, both. 

I'd double checked the data gateway settings and all looked fine. 

I'll get downloading SQL Server Express right away - thanks a lot for your help Chris.