cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polimorfismo in Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I would like to use a object but some dependency with another object that used the methods but this implemented more methods.   Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

david.l.morris
Level 14
Hi Alexeik, If you're looking for polymorphism in Blue Prism, it's not inherently supported. However, I suppose you can still sort of accomplish the goal. You can do method overloading in a way. For example, let's say you wanted to run one method or another based on the number of provided inputs. And let's say your object's action takes two inputs: varA and varB. Your action would start by determining which of the two inputs parameters (varA or varB) have been given input data. Maybe your primary path/method is if both variables are given data. You would use a decision stage to check [varA]"""" AND [varB]"""". If this comes out to true, then your primary method is used and you just call a subpage that contains your primary logic that uses those values. If, however, no input data is given to those input parameters and the expression ([varA]"""" AND [varB]"""") comes out to false, then you use a secondary path/method/subpage that runs the action differently perhaps using default values. Notice that Blue Prism is not object-oriented. It does not have inheritance and polymorphism. It does not support dynamic object references. It is intended as a code free development environment. You might be able to get a similar end result, as with my example above, but Blue Prism isn't where you'll want to do that kind of advanced stuff.  Respectfully, Dave
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

david.l.morris
Level 14
I always type something out and then realize I didn't understand the question. Your example looks to be method overriding, rather than method overloading. I still think you'd solve that problem in the same way. You have to interrogate input data to help your logic decide which path/flow/method/subpage to take.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA