cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is best way to execute main process on completion of Login agent process .

Ramana_ReddyBee
Level 3
Dear All,   I am looking best way to execute  main process once login in to run time resources login completion using  Login agent process. as of now managing with scheduling both process with little time difference but i want check best way like on completion of login agent process can we start main process by any chance? because once login in to runtime resources login agent process will complete. Could you please advise what is the best way to handle this scenario.   Thanks, Ramana Reddy.
3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12
You can have a process call another process. Set your schedule for the process you actually want to run, then have the code for that process call Login Agent at the start.

SachinJagdale
Level 4
amibarrett - It will not work, Login process and Main Process automatically would get terminated after executing Login Stage from the Login Process. Because machine (VM) will get disconnected from the Blue Prism for few seconds after login stage execution. Ramana__Reddy - I am also looking for best way to execute main process once login in to run time resources login completion using Login agent process.  

david.l.morris
Level 14
What amibarret says is true for the latest updates of each minor version of BP 6.2 and 6.3 (and of course includes 6.4). Sachin, what you describe is true for older version of Blue Prism, but along with the Scheduler updates that were made as patches to several BP versions, the option was added for a Post-Completion delay. So, before we had to create 2 schedules: one for login and one for the main process (and a second task for logout if you wanted it) because just as you describe, the resource would disconnect from the app server temporarily while it switched from being a Login Agent Runtime Resource to Blue Prism Runtime Resource. But as of those updates (I think as of 6.2.2, 6.3.1, and one of the BP 5 versions) to Scheduler, you can use the Post-Completion delay. So, you only need one schedule with (for example) 3 tasks: (1) login with a post-completion delay of perhaps 120 seconds, (2) the main process, (3) logout. Respectfully, Dave
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA