cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShell

SteveWaters
Staff
Staff
I am interested to know if anyone is using Blue Prism with PowerShell.  If so, what are you using it to do?

I'm curious to know how it works operationally.  

------------------------------
Steve Waters
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago
10 REPLIES 10

HarshitRawat
Level 8
In my organization , i created a POC using Powershell script to post notifications in MS Teams channel. 
Our idea is to reduce the non necessary emails being sent from the BOTS and leverage Teams Channels along with it

Harshit Rawat

AmiBarrett
Level 12
I've previously used it to perform AD password resets and unlocks, as well as remote system monitoring/administration for networks that don't have basic SNMP traps in place. Also wound up using BP + Powershell to come up with an automatic patching method for our servers, so we could do it on our own schedule and avoid prod downtime.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Hi 

Please go through this, here you can get a free demo here PowerShell Training.

Thanks and regards, 

Lavanya Sreepada

Lavanya Sreepada

@AmiBarrett, I'm using powershell to call Blueprism server remotely where I stuck with the below error.
Database error - The caller was not authenticated by the service.  , Calling process via powershell in blueprism server works fine, it throws the mentioned error when I'm trying to call the process remotely via powershell and the authentication method is sso.
Please help me on this. I've created a Thread Link for the same.

Brindha Thangamuthu

Brindha;

I use Powershell all the time with BP.  I haven't run into that problem.

What is the script trying to do and where is it running?

Steve Waters
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago

@Steve Waters, I've created a thread for the issue I'm facing.
https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=5cf40ff0-2afc-4ec7-8157-8d2553402171&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=digestviewer&bm...

I'm not able to call a process remotely using sso​ in powershell. 

The below run is direclty calling the process in powershell residing in the same server.
PS D:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate> cd "D:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate";
.\automateC /sso /run test_process_1;

Started process:test_process_1
Resource:test_computer_name
Actual resource:test_computer_name
Session:6baa1276-c2bb-4bc3-b51a-1d2f0ad7532a

If I called the same  process remotely with the same credential, it returns below error
PS D:\AutomationBOTs\ServerBuild> Invoke-Command -ComputerName test_computer_name -Credential $credential -ScriptBlock {cd "D:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate"; .\AutomateC.exe /sso /run test_process_1;}

Database error - The caller was not authenticated by the service.

Brindha Thangamuthu

AchyutamMehta
Level 3
Hi Steave,

As we can not direct intrigate PowerShell through BP but script but you can refer to this post called "VBO to Invoke PowerShell Files" on the community page. Where you can find the PowerShell VBO which would help us to execute the script through the code stage.

Achyutam Mehta

Just to add, the thread for the Powershell VBO might be pointing to an older release of the VBO which is present on DX Exchange. I compared the releases where it seems like later on the functionality to execute Power Shell Core Script was added. I am not sure if the older release had any issues as such just apart from the enhancement that I have mentioned.

You can download the latest release of this VBO from the following link: Utility - Powershell

----------------------------------

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

SteveWaters
Staff
Staff
I would like to revive this thread.   My team has been working with Blue Prism and PowerShell to perform various tasks.  

We are calling scripts using built commands.  We've come up with some practices that make the automations more reliable.  We can also build PowerShell scripts using variables.  

Steve Waters Enterprise Architect
Enterprise Architect
SS&C/Blue Prism
Austin TX