cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing/Saving PDF opened in new Chrome Tab

kpb26
Level 3
I'm working on a process that involves a list of messages on a webpage.  When the link for one of the messages is clicked, the message is opened as a PDF in a new tab.  We would like to Save or Print the PDF locally, but are having trouble getting the print or save dialog to open up.  Any tips or tricks to get this process to work?  Currently we have defined the application model as a "Browser-based Application (Chrome, Firefox, or Edge Chromium" if that makes a difference?
6 REPLIES 6

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @KevinBabb1,

Have you tried using Global Send Keys to send a CTRL+P to the window for the print dialog?

Cheers,
Eric​

kpb26
Level 3
Hi @ewilson I did try that but it did not seem to work.  I tried using "^P" as the Global Send Keys input, is that correct or is there a different way to send it?​

**EDIT**

Ok, looks the the problem was the item I had identified for sending the Global Send Keys input.  I redid the identify and changed the spying mode so that I could select part of the browser rather than just he page, and now GSK with "^P" is working.  Thanks!

NewStudent
Level 4
Can any one tell me how to click on " Save as" after we right click on the PDF Document that is opened in Chrome ?Any help is much appreciated.

Step I already tried :
1)Usage of "^S" in Global send keys .

RaivisLazdāns
Level 4
Have you installed Chrome extension?

JeevanR
Level 5
@New Student, you can spy the print option and select the save button in the next page, hope this helps.​​
Jeevan Rangaraju - AD01 Certified RPA Professional Associate Consultant Ernst & Young LLP Bangalore, India Email - jjeevan152@gmail.com

JulianMauricio
Level 2
Hello, i found the solution in case anyone still needs help.
Inside the application modeller. You must look for the option identify UI automation navigator
and with the browser in the print option you could find here the buttons and commands.
Cheers, Julian.