cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem - MS Edge

RadoslavSpasov
Level 3

Hello, 

In my organization, we migrate a process to Edge that currently works seamlessly on IE, and we encountered the following problem.
When spying on an item with Browse mode that is framed and then using Write Action - the cell is not filled with the requested information аnd no error message is show.

The described action works seamlessly if the page is loaded through IE and spying with HTML mode.

Тhank you in advance

Specifications:

BP Version : 7.0
BP Extension for Edge: 7.0
Microsoft Edge Version : 95.0.1020.44
9 REPLIES 9

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Radoslav,

I am afraid you would need to provide more information. It is not easy to understand what you may be dealing with.

• When you said "framed", did you mean an embedded iframe? If not, can you please elaborate?
  • Not sure what happened but none of your screenshots seemed to work for me. I was getting an "Access Denied" XML fragement.
  • What does the HTML element look like?
Also, if browser mode does not work for you, consider UIA to see if it makes a difference. What I have found is that for certain more ccomplex web element, browser mode often gives you the best spying peformance, but you would need to devise a series of actions to to perform a simple interaction. For UIA, it is quite the opposite, you may not be able to perform spying as quickly, but generally you can use a single action to do what you want.

RadoslavSpasov
Level 3
​​Hi, Bruce Liu.

Sorry for the delay in my answer....
I'm attaching the screenshots again.
37024.jpg37025.jpgI tried with UIA mode..... but but in this case it does not work.

RadoslavSpasov
Level 3
37026.png

RadoslavSpasov
Level 3
If it is convenient, I can send them by email....

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Radoslav,

I see what you meant. The Write stage for browser mode does not appear to work in the same way as in Internet Explorer. In the JavaScript behind the extension, I can tell the function associated with the Write stage is trying to interact with the value attribute of an element specifically, and as you would have known, the TH node does not have a value attribute. This is likely the reason why it does not work.

Your requirement is really about enabling Write stage to set the innerText property of a web element. "Set Attribute" action will not do what you want as innerText is not technically considered as a web attribute, but a property.

Also the issue is not only applicable to elements in a "frame", but also applicable to any elements that need to have its innerText changed. Write stage works on an Input element, since the the entered value is set on the value attribute.

At this stage I do not have any good ideas that can make this to work easily. You may need to resort to JavaScript to achieve what you wanted, until this behaviour can be rectified in future versions of Blue Prism. I will raise a request to have this looked at internally.

RadoslavSpasov
Level 3
Thank you very much for the comprehensive answer.
Hopefully this problem will be corrected soon.

EnzoSmith
Level 4
Have you tried using a navigate stage instead of Write and selected in the Action of the navigate stage Global Send Keys?

RadoslavSpasov
Level 3
Hello, Enzo.

I tried, but unfortunately without success.
​​

EnzoSmith
Level 4
Try identifying the element using the element tree, sometimes it can pick up multiple elements with different parameters of the same thing you are spying. Search through all the ones that highlight what you require and see which ones work. It can be a long process but i did it recently with a similar issue when trying to read an element on screen. 

If that does not work, there is always surface automation using region mode?

37027.jpg