cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem starting BP Learning Edt

JonasHedström
Level 3

Hi,

I have problem starting BP Learning Edt.

Following the guide, I shall enter admin+admin when I start the application on the first screen "Sign into Blue Prism"

Then I get this error

Login failed. The user name and password is incorrect. Please try again.

Background:

1. I have had BP LE before.
  2. Today, before I installed the new version from BP Portal DX, I uninstalled the old version.
  3. After that, I installed a new version (6.8) from BP DX.
  4. When I start the application, above is the first screen that hits me.

What shall I do.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Jonas Hedström
4 REPLIES 4

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Jonas,

With Blue Prism Learning Edition, the username is admin and the password is set by you.

When you uninstall Blue Prism Learning Edition, we deliberately leave behind the database, so that we do not lose progress and data by mistake.  Therefore, I suspect that the database (with your chosen admin password) remains from your first installation.

If you do not recall the password, then, the following will allow you to create a new database.

1. Follow the instructions to completely remove all Blue Prism components from your device (including the removing database files section)
  2. Install Blue Prism Learning Edition v6.8 again
  3. After installation, open Blue Prism to complete the setup and configuration
    1. You will be prompted to Create an administrator password. This admin account is required to configure and administrate Blue Prism. The username is automatically set as admin – enter and confirm your admin password.

Note: A Blue Prism Learning Edition license can only be activated once.  Therefore, before you create a new database, you will need to ensure you have a valid Learning Edition license.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Also Jonas,

To update Blue Prism Learning Edition, simply install the latest version onto your device on top of your existing installation.  The Blue Prism Learning Edition installer will simply update the existing installation and your Learning Edition database is updated for you too.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Jonas Hedström

Thanks. Normally I do like that in general for applications. But I will from now continue with that also for BP. Br Jonas

Jonas Hedström