cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Notepad Business Object option

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am a new user of Blue prism and RPA. I am having two problems with the software, hope you can help me.  I am learning from the Foundation course file from Blue Prism homepage.  1. Exercise 5.2.2 (p50-51) Notepad business object It asks me to Go to Studio -> open the example Notepad business object -> select Launch and Go button -> €¦  I got stuck from 2 first steps. I don't know why when I try to File -> Open (Ctrl O), it just moves from Home -> Studio tab, no pop up windows (like when you open Word, Excel, etc.)  2. Exercise 5.1.3 (p52) Action stages It asks me to Create a new process -> add a new Action stage -> (3) Open Action Properties + Select Notepad from the Business Object list -> Notice how Action list changes €¦  I got stuck in the (3). I cannot see any Notepad option.  I enclosed an image file. Please help me with this. Thank you so much. 
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
1) Sounds like you may have an older version of the training. To open a process or object you just double click it in the list. 2) The object must already exist in the DB, it's park of the training package.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your response. Could you show me the directory of the object or something else? I don't really understand this part. Or is this also about the obsolete training guidebook? I still cannot find Notepad. 

There is a "Foundation Training Setup.bprelease" file in the training pack.  File -> import, to import the file, after that you will file Notepad business object in the Studio

------------------------------
Dilly Shum

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello and welcome in the big BP family!

I suggest to take it step by step by taking foundation course and to understand each parts what they do.

Is not that the tool, here is just a lack of knowledge you need to study, understand and do the job done!

Welcome and take it easy!

Repetitio est mader studiorum!

Ionut Cohen

I am having the same issue. Can you please tell me where I can find the files of the default objects that I should import to blueprism??
Instead of starting the whole course again, I would prefer to import the files now.

Eduardo Luiz Cabral da Silva

Still its not working, even after importing the notepad ".bprelease" file in blue prism. Could someone tell me why this is happening and how to get the action drop down values when we select the notepad business object (which has no actions under the action tab currently).

Manjit Singh